Translate

Saturday 21 April 2018

Great believer in Learning something New Everyday!

Hello there, Lou has let me loose on her blog so I thought I would start off with a quick introduction and show you a few photos of the latest samples I created for Lou's Royal Talens 'Pastel' show's last week. 

Now I first met Lou about a year and a half ago at an IndigoBlu Training Weekend and as soon as I met her I thought, this lady is someone I could really get on with and I was so right. She is so full of enthusiasm you can't help getting swept up in it. 
One of the first things Lou was doing when I met her was setting up a FB page for like minded crafters, Junk Journals and Mindful Mixed Media Art (formally JJJAMA) and I was asked to become an admin for the group, then when she was asked to go on Hochanda she asked me if I would be on her DT.
So in that time I have created many samples for her shows, watching her share her fantastic art knowlage and becoming an inspiration to hundreds of people including me. I was even invited to go along with her to help set up things for one of her ODS shows on Hochanda.
So why the title of this post? 
Well Pastels and I have never really got on. Now after watching Lou in action on her shows demostrating the Royal Talens mediums I have learnt to use them in interesting ways and have found a place for them in my crafting.
I'm sure Lou has been an inspiration you and the one thing I know she often says is to 'experiment'! You never quite know what will happen but I bet you have fun trying. 



Starting to lay down Soft Pastel colours

Finished piece after many layers beining sealed with a spray fixative and acylic sealer on top.

The school age way of using Oil Pastels. Colours covered over with Gesso, then when dry scratching off the gesso. An oldie, but still fun to do!

Finished off with embellishments using a stencil and Pumice Paste.

Pumice Paste through a Gears Stencil and Oil Pastels to colour

This Tin was fun to create using lots of RT's meduims and Oil Pastel colours.

Create your own pattern blending 3 contrasting colours of oil pastels and blending them together in sections.

Lastly, why not Die Cut a Journal then Dry Emboss and highlight with Pastels. 

Happy Crafting 
Sue xx
http://birdcagecraftstudio.blogspot.co.uk/


1 comment:

  1. Found Lou on hochanda and was so hooked by her bubbly personality I googled her to find out more ������ loving the blog Fb page and looking forward to more infectious inspiration x crafty hugs xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete