Translate

Sunday 22 April 2018

HELLO......

Hi everyone. My names Tamara from Scotland and I love to get messy and create art.

I have been asked by Lou to do a guest spot on her amazing blog and I am so honoured to be asked.

A little bit about me...
I'm a proud Mum of 2 - Cody who is 12 and Frankie (Boyle) who is 3 going on 33. I never done any sort of art at school unless I was forced to. Always thought you had to be good at drawing and painting to create Art - how wrong was I!

After having Cody I decided to go to college to do something with my life. I chose Fashion Design and Manufacture. I absolutely loved it and done very well in my NQ and HND and got 17 merits which I was proud of. Decided to apply for University and zi got in ☺ I was so happy but that didn't last long. Uni was a 'fun sponge' and sucked every part of enjoyment out of fashion for me. I wasn't allowed to be be creative and was told my designs wouldn't sell in commercial shops and had to rein it in. 
Left uni after my honours degree hating anything to do with the fashion industry.

A few years later I fell pregnant with Boyle 😍😍😍 I loved being a Mum but needed something for ME to relax and help me mentally. Just over a year ago, I seen a video on YouTube of art journaling and search for a Facebook group and found Junk Journal and Mindful Mixed Media Art (JJAMMMA) and had been a lifesaver for me - literally. The admin were so welcoming and encouraging for me to give it a go. Louise Withers started pushing me to try to techniques and helped me much. She is my YODA and I am her PADAWANT 😍 I haven't even met her yet but I have such a strong connection with her and I love her to bits. She even believed in me so much that she asked me to be part of her Design Team for her shows on Hochanda with Royal Talens and Golden products and worked her magic for me to get me in touch with Studiolight and I am now part of their amazing Promo Team too ☺ She even made me part of her amazing group that I love so much. She truly is a diamond. This women is amazing and I am so thankful she is my Yoda 😍😍😍 (my cheque better be in the post Lou 😉)

So because of the amazing JJAMMMA group, I have found me Happy Place - creating ☺☺☺

I don't think I have found my "Style" yet as I love trying new things all the time. I love doing Mixed Media girls and get inspiration from Tamara Laporte and Suzi Blu 😍😍😍 Recently got my sewing machine back out after years when I was encouraged by the talented SuzeJo to give textile art a go ☺

I will be doing a weekly post for Lou and will be sharing some of my work with you all and maybe just have a little natter ☺

Sorry this is long.... Thanks for reading.

See you next week ☺

Love
Tamara xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment